Please see job posting below. To download complete application package, click the "APPLY NOW" button located at the bottom of the page.
JOB OPENING: Posted until July 9, 2020 4:30 pm
FIRE DEPARTMENT – Part-time INSPECTOR
PAY RATE: $14.00/hour (20-24 hrs./week)
Some nights and weekends may be required
Responsible for fire inspections/code enforcement and fire education within Catoosa County Fire Department. Reports and consults with the Fire Marshal concerning fire inspection schedules and policies, however, the individual is expected to function independently of direct supervision.
• Conducts inspections according to schedule of all existing commercial buildings within Catoosa County. Ensures that all violations are corrected from these inspections within specified time limits. The goal will be annual inspections of all existing commercial buildings.
• Assist the Fire Marshal or his designee on inspections of new construction as needed.
• Provide community educational courses as requested. Examples of courses are fire safety, fire extinguisher training, fire prevention education, etc.
• Answer questions and complaints of County residents in a timely and efficient basis emphasizing good customer service.
• Maintain up-to-date files and records of all inspections conducted and deficiencies noted. This includes computer records and data files.
• Offer reasonable assistance to local businesses to correct any deficiencies noted, as directed.
• Respond to emergency calls within the city or county as directed.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Fire Chief or Fire Marshal.
• Candidate must be at least 21 years of age
• High School graduate or General Education Development Equivalency (Continuing Education is preferred)
• Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s license in the state of residency
• Must have favorable 7-year driving history
• Must possess an American Heart Association CPR Certification BLS provider
• Must have completed the course of Life Safety Code NFPA 101, 2000 edition
• Must have completed the course of Fire Inspector I (NPQ Fire Inspector I preferred)
• Must have received a certificate of compliance as a State of Georgia Fire Inspector or have equivalent training to obtain this certification within 90 days
• Knowledge of Georgia State laws and city & county ordinances pursuant to code enforcement
• Successful completion of Basic Firefighter: Module 1 through the Georgia Fire Academy or higher (NPQ Firefighter I preferred)
1) All inquiries and applications should be obtained from the Reception Area, Catoosa County Government Building located at 800 Lafayette Street, Ringgold, GA or at
2) Current employees wishing to apply for a transfer are expected to complete an application and will be notified by Personnel if chosen for an interview.
3) Post offer negative drug test required. Equal Opportunity Employer.