Please see job posting below. To download complete application package, click the "APPLY NOW" button located at the bottom of the page.
LIBRARY ASSISTANT - Catoosa County Library – Part time
Posted until September 15, 2020 4:30 PM,
Variable work schedule to include nights and weekends
Rate of Pay: $10.00/hour
• Promote a positive image of the Catoosa County Library and Government in the community.
• Follows (and has knowledge of) all policies and procedures of PINES, the Library, and Catoosa County Government.
• Work efficiently at the front desk assisting library members and visitors with applications, checking in and out materials, renewing items dates, collecting overdue fees, and other tasks as outlined in library policy.
• Ensures that all materials shelved accurately and according to library guidelines.
• Answer telephones, assist callers, and/or answer inquiries.
• Organizes and participates in special library events as needed.
• As assigned, opens and closes Library according to policy.
• As assigned, other duties deemed necessary for the efficient operation of the Library.
• Minimum Education: High School Diploma/Equivalent.
• Prefer at least one year of general office experience or library related experience.
• Able to work with a diverse clientele of all ages and backgrounds in a helpful, courteous and professional manner.
• Able to use and assist others in the use of office machines and equipment.
• Able to proficiently use a computer, Windows and Microsoft applications.
• Able to manage multi-tasks requiring a high level of detail.
• Able to work efficiently and complete tasks with frequent unscheduled interruptions.
• Able to exhibit good judgment and discretion while processing confidential information.
• Able to work effectively in a teamwork environment.
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Able to lift at least 40 pounds.
1) All inquiries and applications should be obtained from the Reception Area, Catoosa County Government Building located at 800 Lafayette Street, Ringgold, GA or at
2) Current employees wishing to apply for a transfer are expected to complete an application and will be notified by Personnel if chosen for an interview.
3) Post offer negative drug test required. Equal Opportunity Employer.