Please see job posting below. To download complete application package, click the "APPLY NOW" button located at the bottom of the page.
JOB OPENING: Post until November 20, 2020
Public Works – Fleet Mechanic II
Pay rate: $18.00 Per Hour Full time with benefits
Analyze for malfunctions and/or needed repairs for Fleet cars, trucks, and equipment
Install/replace parts and equipment for Fleet cars, trucks, and equipment in a timely and efficient manner.
Completes a variety of paper and digital logs, documents, and/or simple reports regarding parts, service, equipment operation, miles driven, and/or other related information.
Maintain personal work tools, and County owned equipment in a safe, orderly manner.
Perform preventative maintenance on all vehicles and equipment.
Perform final operational test on repaired vehicles for quality check.
Must maintain good public relations in a helpful, courteous, and professional manner.
Must get along with diverse personalities in a tactful, courteous, and professional manner.
Must be willing to expand knowledge on equipment repairs and parts installation.
Other related duties as may apply for the efficient operation of the Public Works Department.
Education and Experience
● High School diploma or equivalent.
● Valid driver’s license with a CDL preferred.
● At least three years working experience in vehicle/equipment mechanical repairs.
● Good communication skills.
● Able to occasionally lift 50 to 100 pounds.
● Able to work in a teamwork environment.
● Able to bend, stoop, crouch and crawl under vehicles to perform duties.
1) All inquiries and applications should be obtained from the Reception Area, Catoosa County Governmental Building located at 800 LaFayette Street, Ringgold, GA.
2) Current employees wishing to apply for a transfer are expected to complete an application and will be notified by Personnel if chosen for an interview.
3) Post offer negative drug test required. Catoosa County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
4) Applicants for positions that require a commercial motor vehicle at any time will be required to undergo controlled substances and at our discretion, alcohol testing prior to employment and will be subject to further testing throughout their period of employment. Applicants will be asked to sign forms for release of information from previous employers in all cases where driving a cmv was one of your functions. Failure to sign will prevent this employer from using you as a cmv driver.