Frequently asked questions

Where do I go to vote?

The state of Georgia provides for 3 weeks of advanced voting just prior to every general primary or general election. In Catoosa County, there are 2 advanced voting polling places. You may choose whichever is most convenient for you:

Freedom Center: 5238 Evitt Street, Ringgold, GA 30736

Westside Voting Precinct: 3319 Lakeview Drive, Rossville, GA 30741

ON ELECTION DAY, HOWEVER, YOU MUST VOTE AT YOUR ASSIGNED PRECINCT. That information may be found in a number of ways:

1) (enter your name, birthdate, and county)

2) The precinct card which was mailed to you when you registered.

3) Call the Elections office at 706-935-3990

I will be out of town on election day; is there still a way I can vote?

Yes! Many people must travel due to work obligations; others move away for college. There are any number of reasons a voter might find themselves out of their precinct on election day. That is one of the reasons ADVANCED VOTING is so beneficial. You may choose to vote during the 3 weeks just prior to any election in Georgia. (See above for Advanced Voting locations.)

You may also choose to request an ABSENTEE BALLOT if you plan to be temporarily out of the county for a time. This may be done via our website ( by clicking on the “absentee application” button in the center of the home page.


You may then mail, FAX, or e-mail the form to our office. An absentee ballot may also be requested by calling the Elections Office at 706-935-3990

Do I have to register an affiliation with a specific political party?

No. The state of Georgia DOES NOT require voters to register by party. During a Primary Election you will be asked which political party’s ballot you wish to receive. And, if there is a run-off of that Primary, you must vote the ballot chosen during that Primary in the run-off election. However, you ARE NOT required to choose the same party’s ballot during the next Primary Election.

I haven’t voted in a while; may I still vote?

There are a couple of ways you can verify that you are still a registered Georgia voter.

1) (enter your name, birthdate, and county)

2) Call the Elections office at 706-935-3990

I can’t find my precinct card; may I still vote?

Yes! Your precinct card is provided as a service to inform you of the address of your polling place. It IS NOT required that you have the card with you at the time of voting.

The address on my driver’s license is not my current address; may I still vote?

Yes! Georgia law requires that you provide a government-issued photo ID at the time of voting in order to verify the person requesting to vote is in fact the person registered in the state system. If your address has changed, appropriate paperwork may be filled out at the time of voting.

What forms of ID are accepted when I vote?

Any government-issued photo ID is accepted. This would be any of the following:

1) A current or expired Georgia driver’s license

2) A current out of state driver’s license (expired not accepted)

3) A valid United States military photo ID card

4) A valid United States passport

5) A valid tribal photo ID card

6) A valid photo ID card issued by any branch, department, agency, or entity of the United States, Georgia, or any other state authorized by law to issue personal identification, including a FREE Georgia Voter ID Card

7) A valid employee photo ID card issued by any branch, department, agency, or entity of the United States, Georgia, or any county, municipality, board, authority or other entity of Georgia

How may I see a sample ballot before I go to the poll?

A sample ballot may be viewed at (enter your name, birthdate, and county)

We would also be happy to mail one to you, or you may pick one up at the Elections Office:

Freedom Center: 5238 Evitt Street, Ringgold, GA 30736


Who are my elected officials and how do I contact them?

Each voter may find information specific to them by visiting (enter your name, birthdate, and county). This will lead you to contact information for elected officials.

May I order a current voter list?

Yes. Georgia law makes this information available to the public. Ordering and pricing information may be found by clicking here.

Are there maps available showing Commission and House districts?

Yes. You may view, download, and/or print these from our website (, by clicking the “map” box on the left side of the home page. Large, wall-sized copies may be purchased at the Elections Office for $10 each.

Catoosa County Government  • 800 Lafayette Street • Ringgold, GA 30736 • Phone: 706-965-2500 • Fax: 706-935-3112 


Senate Bill 104 Human Trafficking Hotline Notice

E-Verify User ID#97013

E-Verify Date of Authorization 2/4/08                                                                                            Current Employees Login

  • Twitter Social Icon
  • Instagram Social Icon
  • Facebook Social Icon
  • YouTube Social  Icon