Please see job posting below. To download complete application package, click the "APPLY NOW" button located at the bottom of the page.
JOB OPENING: Posted until July 31, 2020
Part-Time SPORTS COORDINATOR
Pay: $10.00/hr. (29 hrs./week -work schedule will vary)
The Sports Coordinator position is a part-time position that receives direction from the
Athletics Director. The Sports Coordinator conducts activities with assigned groups of all ages, in varying
programs and in different indoor/outdoor facilities or centers. This position also assists with athletic programs
and services for adults and children in their assigned area of concentration as well as other tasks assigned.
1. Organizes, promotes, and conducts diversified recreation activities such as games, sports, tournaments,
2. Organizes sports according to age, interest and ability
3. Supervises play or club activities
4. Coaches teams when necessary
5. Recruits volunteers for sports program
6. Implements athletic programming planned for assigned facility
7. Ability to perform work functions both indoor and outdoor
8. Performs day to day operations of assigned programs, leagues, and special events
9. Assists in the implementation of recreational programs, activities, and clubs
10. Assists in maintaining adequate rosters for each program/league/sports-camps and makes periodic reports
11. Assist in the implementation of fee/admission and concessions collection procedures
12. Help implement systems and procedures for the Athletic Department
13. Acts as a Sports Official and maintains order at games and contests
14. Distributes and maintains control over equipment and supplies
15. Implements ALL Athletic programming at assigned Catoosa County Parks and Recreation locations
16. Administers first-aid when necessary
17. Maintains equipment for programs
1. Minimum Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
2. Experience working with recreational and athletic programming (organizing, promoting, establishing curriculum)
3. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY
1. Knowledge of the basic principles in supervision, training, performance evaluations of coaches and instructors, recruitment
2. Knowledge of practices of recreation risk management and loss prevention
3. Basic knowledge of all sports (baseball, football, soccer, softball, volleyball, lacrosse, etc.)
4. Ability to interact with people from all ethnic backgrounds, ages and lifestyles
5. Ability to work interactively with youth
6. Ability to work nights and weekends
1) All inquiries and applications should be obtained from the Reception Area, Catoosa County Government Building located at 800 Lafayette Street, Ringgold, GA or at
2) Current employees wishing to apply for a transfer are expected to complete an application and will be notified by Personnel if chosen for an interview.
3) Post offer negative drug test required. Equal Opportunity Employer.