Please see job posting below. To download complete application package, click the "APPLY NOW" button located at the bottom of the page.
JOB OPENING: Post until October 15, 2019 4:30 pm
Part-Time Office Assistant - Recreation
Variable Work Schedule (29 hours/week) - Pay Range: 10.00 – 11.00/hour
Greets visitors, citizens, and customers; answers telephone; provides information; directing customers; forwards calls to appropriate party; assists public with rentals, etc.; directs visitors to appropriate party. Handles inquiries or complaints from general public.
2. Assists in updating website and social media sites.
3. Assist staff with scheduling facilities, handling funds, making deposits from events, reservations, rentals, programs, concessions, and obtaining purchase orders.
4. Types a variety of documents including correspondence, forms, reports, brochures, flyers press releases, resolutions, ordinances, meeting minutes, agendas, and related documents.
5. Prepares and maintains a variety of offices files, accounts, and other records.
6. Work involves compliance with park rules and regulations, assisting individuals and groups using parks and facilities and ensuring safety and security of parks and patrons.
7. Promotes good relations with citizens using the park and recreation facilities.
8. As assigned, performs other duties and tasks deemed necessary for the efficient operation of the Recreation/Parks Department
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. High School Diploma or G.E.D.
2. At least one year of responsible secretarial or clerical work.
3. Valid driver’s license.
4. Previous experience in a sports-related, seasonal and volunteer environment preferred.
1. Able to understand verbal instructions and complete work orders as assigned.
2. Skilled in the operation of all office equipment.
3. Knowledgeable in all word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
4. Able to work efficiently and complete tasks and projects with frequent unscheduled interruptions.
5. Good communication skills.
6. Able to lift 25 pounds.
7. Able to work effectively in a teamwork environment.
All inquiries and applications should be obtained from the Reception Area, Catoosa County Governmental Building located at 800 LaFayette Street, Ringgold, GA or at www.catoosa.com.
Current employees wishing to apply for a transfer are expected to complete an application and will be notified by Human Resources if chosen for an interview.
Post offer negative drug test required. Equal Opportunity Employer