Please see job posting below. To download complete application package, click the "APPLY NOW" button located at the bottom of the page.
JOB OPENING: Post until filled
Public Works – Fleet Mechanic
Pay rate: $16.00 to $17.25 Per Hour Full time with benefits
● Inspects, diagnoses, and repairs cars, trucks, tractors, dump trucks, excavators, dozers, loaders, chippers, etc.
● Diagnoses, disassembles, and inspects and repairs or replaces system including air and hydraulic brakes, cooling systems, drive lines, gas and diesel engines, hvac, hydraulics, electrical, steering and suspension and transmission.
● Inspects, services, and adjust fluid levels, hoses, belts, brakes, tires and clutches; changes filters, oils, tires, and lubricate vehicles and motor driven equipment.
● Maintain work tools and equipment in a safe, orderly manner.
● Conducts emergency repairs to vehicles, equipment, fire apparatus.
● Welding and Fabrication skills are preferred.
● Must maintain good public relations in a helpful, courteous and professional manner.
● Must get along with diverse personalities in a tactful, courteous and professional manner.
● Must be willing to expand knowledge on equipment repairs and parts installation.
● Other related duties as may apply for the efficient operation of the Public Works Department.
Education and Experience
● High School diploma or equivalent.
● Valid driver’s license with a CDL preferred.
● At least three years working experience in vehicle/equipment mechanical repairs.
● Good communication skills.
● Able to occasionally lift 50 to 100 pounds.
● Able to work in a teamwork environment.
● Able to bend, stoop, crouch and crawl under vehicles to perform duties.
1) All inquiries and applications should be obtained from the Reception Area, Catoosa County Governmental Building located at 800 LaFayette Street, Ringgold, GA.
2) Current employees wishing to apply for a transfer are expected to complete an application and will be notified by Personnel if chosen for an interview.
3) Post offer negative drug test required. Catoosa County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
4) Applicants for positions that require a commercial motor vehicle at any time will be required to undergo controlled substances and at our discretion, alcohol testing prior to employment and will be subject to further testing throughout their period of employment. Applicants will be asked to sign forms for release of information from previous employers in all cases where driving a cmv was one of your functions. Failure to sign will prevent this employer from using you as a cmv driver.