Please see job posting below. To download complete application package, click the "APPLY NOW" button located at the bottom of the page.
JOB OPENING: Post Until Filled
Part-Time Recreation Park Attendant(s) - $8.00/hour
Variable Work Schedule: Nights & Weekends
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Prepares park facilities for programs and events; ensures that room is set-up properly and there are enough supplies;
• Assists with community service workers;
• Assist people with rental contracts, room set ups and be able to rent services before, during and after the event;
• Performs opening and closing procedures at various park and facility locations;
• Collects and disposes of trash and debris on County Park property;
• Assists with athletic field preparation and maintenance;
• Assist with community based organizations when using county parks and facilities.
• Cleans restrooms and replenishes supplies;
• Moves and arranges furniture and equipment as required;
• Reports any repairs required for safety or security reasons; Acts as a liaison for on-going activities;
• Assist basic maintenance repairs on building;
• Lifts, moves, and places heavy picnic tables and benches at various park locations;
• Keep the walking track/courts/fields/playgrounds/facilities/ gyms clean including trash pickup, sweeping/mopping areas if needed;
• Assists people in the park with questions and concerns; Communicates park rules and regulations.
• Must communicate and work with all patrons ( players, coaches, parents/guardians, co-workers and administration);
• Financial Responsibilities: Accept, receive, and/or collect payments while using a cash register or debit/credit card machine; accountable for inventory/property management; and make recommendations that impact the budget.
• Performs other related duties as required.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Must be at least 16 years old. Prefers some work experience or community volunteering or previous experience in a sports related environment. Valid Driver’s License required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of, or ability to learn, standard cleaning methods and equipment used in custodial and park athletic field work such as brooms, mops, dust mops, vacuums, scouring devices, wax applicators, field groomer machine, mower weed eater
• Ability to use simple hand tools;
• Ability to follow written and/or verbal job assignments and/or crew assignments;
• Ability to perform routine, repetitive tasks on a continuous basis;
• Ability to exert continuous physical effort including frequent bending, walking, manipulating and heavy lifting of equipment;
• Knowledge of cash-handling;
• Decisions are made within general company policy constraints, but occasionally require independent decision-making;
The work is heavy work and requires balancing, climbing, crawling, crouching, feeling, grasping, handling, hearing, kneeling, lifting, mental acuity, pulling, pushing, reaching, repetitive motion, speaking, standing, stooping, talking, visual acuity, and walking.
All inquiries and applications should be obtained from the Reception Area, Catoosa County Governmental Building located at 800 LaFayette Street, Ringgold, GA or at www.catoosa.com.
Current employees wishing to apply for a transfer are expected to complete an application and will be notified by Human Resources if chosen for an interview.
Post offer negative drug test required. Equal Opportunity Employer