Please see job posting below. To download complete application package, click the "APPLY NOW" button located at the bottom of the page.
JOB OPENING: Post until October 2nd 4:30 pm
Recreation Park Maintenance - $12.00/hour with benefits
(Must be available to work nights and weekends when needed)
• Knowledge and ability to operate small machinery and equipment such as mowers, tractors, field groomer, utility vehicles, weed eaters and a variety of hand and power tools.
• Able to perform field and grounds maintenance for recreational athletic facilities such as baseball/softball fields in a timely and efficient manner.
• Able to drag and line-off baseball/softball diamonds relative to the sport and age group scheduled on each field.
• Communicate and enforce park rules.
• Communicate and enforce sports related playing rules.
• Able to perform routine cleaning and maintenance of restrooms and concession areas.
• Able to maintain good public relations in a helpful, courteous and professional manner.
• Able to climb, bend, stoop and/or crouch frequently during performance of duties.
• Other duties deemed necessary for the efficient operation of the Recreation/Parks Department.
Education and Experience
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Prefer at least one year working experience in the operation of small machinery and equipment.
• Previous experience in a sports related environment preferred; an enthusiastic attitude toward sports is preferred.
• Valid Drivers License Required.
• Able to Multi-task.
• Good communication skills.
• Able to perform tasks neatly with attention to detail.
• Able to perform any type of maintenance on various outside terrains and uneven surfaces.
• Able to work outside in all weather conditions.
• Lift up to 50 pounds.
• Able to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Must be able to work in a team environment.
*All inquiries and applications should be obtained from the Reception Area, Catoosa County Governmental Building located at 800 Lafayette Street, Ringgold, GA or at www.catoosa.com.
*Current employees wishing to apply for a transfer are expected to complete an application and will be notified by Human Resources if chosen for an interview.
*Post offer negative drug test required. Catoosa County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.