JOB OPENING: CATOOSA COUNTY VOLUNTEER FIRE FIGHTER
Serves as volunteer member of the Catoosa County Fire Department. Protects lives and property through activities associated with fire prevention, fire suppression, rescue, emergency medical services and hazardous materials incident response, and participates in the training, preparedness and maintenance activities necessary to achieve that end.
The duties of this position are performed under the supervision of the Fire Chief and other Officers of the Catoosa County Fire Department.
- Candidate must be at least eighteen years of age.
- High School graduate or General Education Development Equivalency.
- Candidate must be of good moral character as determined by investigation.
- Be fingerprinted and a search of local, state and national fingerprint files to disclose any criminal record.
- Candidate must provide a Physician’s Affidavit of Good Physical Condition.
- Serves the community through volunteering.
- Comply with policies and procedures of the Catoosa County Fire Department.
- Participates in all phases of training necessary to acquire the knowledge and skills required for the position.
- Responds promptly to emergency incidents when notified.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Must comply with State of Georgia minimum training requirements for volunteer firefighters within one (1) year of date of appointment.
Post Offer Requirements:
- Post offer negative drug test (drug free workplace).
- Valid Class B Driver’s License.
- Each registered volunteer firefighter will receive the following benefits:
- Paid membership in the Georgia State Firefighter’s Association.
- Paid monthly membership dues in the Georgia State Firefighter’s Pension Fund.
- Paid workers’ compensation insurance policy premium.
- Paid accident (supplemental) insurance policy premium.
- Paid life insurance policy premium.
- Uniform and Personal Protective Equipment Provided.
- Fire and Rescue service related training provided at no cost to the member.
- Financial Incentives for meeting minimum standards and requirements related to participation in training, station stand-by duty, and response.
- Recognition of Training and Certification Achievement.
- Service Awards for longevity of service.
- Member appreciation events.